Money! Money! Money! Money!
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various investments. In this course, we will discuss investment vehicles such as:
- Savings accounts
- Traditional IRAs/Roth IRAs
- Mutual Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- This is a beginner level investment class. It is a perfect choice to follow a Personal Finance class, but a Personal Finance class is not a prerequisite.
- As a beginner level class, there is not an age requirement.
- Students will need a math background which includes interest, ratios, and percents.
- No text required. Materials available online are utilized. Materials include websites and videos.
- Access to the internet is required.
- We screen websites heavily before posting links. However, websites are in control of the advertising on said sites, not Willow Scholars. Parental supervision is highly recommended.
Investment Foundations is designed as a 16 week lecture based course. There are two (2) components to the course: the live webinar and the asynchronous classroom assignments.
Additional assignments may include related video, websites, analysis and small projects.
Coursework will include quizzes and online assignments.
Students will have access to a papertrade account in which each student can learn the very basics of how to trade real stocks with pretend money in a pretend account.
We screen websites heavily before posting links. However, websites are in control of the advertising on said sites, not Willow Scholars. Parental supervision is highly recommended.
Investment Foundations is available in either Guided or Live formats.
The Live format has a live class held in a webinar room at a specified time each week. In addition, there are class assignments to work during the week.
The Guided format is the asynchronous version of the Live format. The class assignments open after the live class has been held. The recording of the live class is posted for the students to watch at a more convenient time. The cost is less because the student is not using a webinar room spot. Everything else is the same.
Note: the class recordings are not currently iPad friendly. Tech support is aware of the issue and has been aware for a very long time. It does not sound like it will be resolved anytime soon.
The course is a 16 week course.
The Live 16 week session is $234.00.
The Guided 16 week session is $160.00.
**Note – the information is considered for educational purposes only. Willow Scholars is not an investment adviser nor responsible for investing choices others make.